TTPP was commissioned to redevelop this Listed Station, to open up the concourse, provide new gatelines and improved station facilities, clearing away previous additions to recreate the grand station that Brighton merits.
The works were carried out on behalf of Southern Rail and required consultation and liaison with other major stakeholders including Network Rail, Brighton and Hove Heritage Team and The Railway Heritage Trust.
The works comprised of:
- New and refurbished retail units
- Creation of New Waiting Room
- New Ticket Office
- New Extended gateline
- New glazed barrier adjacent to gates
- Widening of Main Entrance
- Relocation of Control Room
- Installation of TV screens/monitors – small and large
- Restoration and reintegration into the station of various unused areas and listed building features