TTPP was commissioned by Southern in partnership with Network Rail to provide ‘one stop shop’ construction consultancy services for the provision of a £500K project to provide refurbishment/restoration works to a grade II listed station building.
The Railway Heritage Trust Conservation Award – Winner of the best restored listed structure
The project formed part of Southern Railway’s ongoing commitment to improve railway facilities.
The refurbishment/restoration of Hove Station Building includes the following:
- Complete restoration of façade including lime render
- New access to the building via platform 1 was formed to overcome access issues relating to the front forecourt
- New toilets were formed in the former yard area
- New timber sliding sash windows, where original windows were beyond repair
- New skirtings, architraves and picture rails where manufactured to match the existing moulding profiles
- Full internal strip out and re-instatement of the internal finishes and mechanical and electrical services
- Complete redecoration of internal and external walls
- Renewal of ceilings in lath plaster